Sunday 19 April 2009

ACCU Conference 2009

Next week (or this week, depending on how you count it... oh it's 23:57, by the time I finish this post it will be this week either way) is the 2009 Annual Conference of the ACCU (which doesn't stand for the Association of C & C++ Users... anymore).

I'm just finishing my slides for my presentation on Thursday morning where I'll be talking about Objective-C. I expect a full room, of course, and anyone at the conference who doesn't come must make it up to me by buying me a drink.

It seems like every year the conference programme gets stronger (despite my contributions to some of them) - and when I first started going (six years ago) it was already the best developer-oriented conference around.

This year has a special track on patterns, and has some world class experts on the subject presenting. The usual world class experts on other subjects will also be presenting too, of course. I won't say more because I'll only be repeating what you can already read here.

If you use Twitter (and if not, why not?) you can follow all the twitter-chatter about the conference, including what interview puzzle John Lakos will be posing in the bar this year, by following the #accu_conf hashtag.

If you use a twitter client that supports it (and if not, why not?) I find it's best to subscribe to a search for the tag, rather than rely on hashtags itself picking up all the tweets (seems to have a hit rate of about 30% at the moment). Personally I use TweetDeck, which I have found pretty good - but am looking forward to Tweetie for Mac being released tomorrow (or later today). But that's getting off topic.

See you all there!

No comments: